Wednesday, June 20, 2012

To-Do List

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I ALWAYS have at least one list with me. Usually two or three. I have always been a list maker, I get it from my dad. Every morning, I wake up, and the first thing I do is write out all the things I need to do that day. Then throughout the day I make more lists, add things to my lists, combine lists, and eliminate my lists. And I can never fall asleep without writing out a list on my nightstand before I go to bed. It might drive Eric crazy because my life is ran by my lists, but I get things done, I stay calm and organized, and I love being able to write all my stress onto paper and still keep a smile on my face. I guess it's my secret to running a hundred miles an hour with my head cut off, and still being happy 24/7.
Today I was reading one of my mom's books called, "A House of Order" and I came across a chapter on making lists! Here's a few things I wanted to share from it, that describe exactly how I feel about all my lists making.

"One of the smartest things a person can do is to keep good lists. Making lists puts the pressure on paper, rather than on our minds. It helps eliminate the pileup, the tension in our lives. Lists help us pace ourselves so we can avoid the rush at the end, the feast-and-famine approach. Lists save us from indecision, duplication of effort, forgetting, errors, conflicts, frustration, and frenzy."

Not everyone is a list maker, but it's a wonderful habit to make. I'm grateful for my dad who always left lists all over. He had his church lists, his work lists, his housework lists, etc. And I remember loving to do things on his lists when he was at work and getting to cross them off so when he got home he was extra happy. If you've never tried it, it is never too late to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment