Friday, September 7, 2012

Onward Ever Onward!

Here is the blog post we all knew was coming. A few days ago I said goodbye to one of my favorite people in the whole world for TWO WHOLE YEARS. We waited all Summer for September 5th to roll around, but all the sudden it came too fast. I got to spend a few days with him and my family before the much anticipated day arrived. I couldn't peel myself from his side and hated the thought that I wouldn't be seeing him for two years. I still hate it.

I've been doing so much reflecting on what an incredible brother I have. I won't bore you with the details, because if you've met him, you know what I'm talking about. We've been partners in crime and best buds for the past 19 years, and yet, I've never been with him when he didn't continually impress me. He never ceases to go the extra mile, to reach out to people - regardless of their appearance and circumstance, and he has a gift for being sensitive to others and their needs. I have spent the past 19 years learning and growing from him, trying to be better and more like him. I'm so proud of my little brother and am anxiously awaiting a letter to hear what he thinks of the MTC! Also, I can't describe the amazing feeling of peace that has come over me and my family since saying goodbye to Garrett. Blessings truly come to families of missionaries. Not only have I been at peace, but a lot of small, long awaited, miracles have been happening almost constantly today. My testimony of missionaries has already been strengthened and I cannot wait to see what the future brings!

Here's how we spent our last few days together:



Catching up and saying goodbye to all our incredible friends from our dance team!
Garrett and my mom really wanted to hike Y mountain for the first time! Did you know the Y is  the largest college symbol in the U.S.? True story.
Yes, he was doing crunches while laying upside down on the Y...
We got up at with our early rising missionary to hike the Y! Even Uncle Hyrum was able to join us!
The beautiful mountains and trees are already starting to look like Fall!
Garrett ran into a lot of dance friends we didn't get to see Monday night!
The night before the MTC he had to get his chocolate milk and krispy kreme donuts!
Thank you to all of our wonderful friends who have helped Garrett with getting this far and gave him advice and encouraging words his last few days before the MTC!
A few hours before the MTC we ran a few errands with Garrett. It was wierd because EVERYWHERE (even Walmart) we went he ran into friends, many of whom were also entering the MTC September 5th!
We'll see how long it takes Garrett to figure out how to roll his rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's.....
Oh Levi...why is it so difficult to just get a good family snapshot? 
Our last big sibling hug before we headed to the MTC!
Saying goodbye to Uncle Larry who came down to see Garrett before he left!
Saying goodbye to the person he always tells is his "#1 woman!"
My dad was so happy and excited the day we dropped Garrett off, but it was neat to see him tear up and cry a little on the drive out of the MTC. We're all so proud of you Elder Jacobson!
I sure am going to miss this great guy!






No comments:

Post a Comment