Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blessings in Abundance

As each semester begins to wind down I think how busy and stressful it has been. But somehow, the next semester decides to be even busier and more taxing. Yesterday I heard Eric tell a friend that he would go crazy if things were slower...and that he liked being busy. To tell you the truth, I do too (I get it from my mom). I love being busy, always having things to do, clean, study...but this semester has been absolutely insane...and sadly my grades show it. I could blame it on a lot of things, but while each of those "things" has made things harder, stressful, and distracting...they have also brought joy into my life, made me a stronger person, and been a blessing in many ways.

Ever since the first week of February, Eric and I have been searching for a new place to live. Not just "casually" searching here and there, but spending every free minute on ksl, driving through neighborhoods, and walking through new homes and apartments. We have many reasons for looking, but the main one is we need somewhere with a yard for our puppy. It's been a very stressful and frustrating process, full of prayers and tears. We have found so many places, only to have one thing go wrong. This past Sunday we found another place we absolutely love (granted this is probably the 300th place) and we felt good about paying the money to submit an application. We are still patiently waiting (and praying) that things will go through so we can move in by the end of the month. I know deep down that if it is meant to be, everything will work out. And if not, like everything else, we will keep searching. 

With my frustrations of house searching and everything else that has happened the past few months, none of it outweighs the blessings that I have been receiving on a daily basis. After I heard about the bombings yesterday in Boston and started following it on the news, my heart was full of sorrow for all of those who lost loved ones or had loved ones affected by the tragedy. I really have so much to be grateful for and though my trials are significant and not forgotten by the Lord, they are tiny matters compared to the grand scheme of life. I am so blessed to have a husband who walks side by side with me and shares all of my frustrations and worries. He is such a wonderful counselor to me and constantly supports and loves me, regardless of my short comings. I'm also blessed to have a roof over my head, a car, food in my fridge, and friends galore who never let me down. I have the most incredible family on both sides who constantly show their love and support for Eric and I. And most importantly, I have the gospel and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father does love me and is mindful of me. What more could I ever want?

No comments:

Post a Comment