Saturday, May 5, 2012

Smiles and Tears


Tour has been rewarding for the mere fact that I get to be with my little brother all.day.long. It isn't that we're joined at the hip, but I love getting to watch him and observe all the good things he is constantly doing for other people. I've got a pretty awesome brother. After our last show Friday we were all pretty tired. I'll admit, I was grumpy, and ready to go home. A class of kids came in the gym and started what looked like a dance or P.E. class. Before I knew it, Garrett had run over and joined the kids. He caught on pretty quickly to the choreography, and then really started getting groovy. I started filming and laughing along with the rest of our team who were cheering him on. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. I know, I'm related to my mother. Only two more weeks with him and then he's headed home for the Summer. We'll never really be again for a very long time. I cry every time I think about it. We've been buddies and partners in crime for as long as I can remember. Though I get frustrated at times on tour or wonder why I did it again, all it takes is me looking at Garrett to know why I was supposed to do SPAC again. The time we've had together is priceless and what a neat opportunity we've had to learn and grow together. Nineteen years, and soon he will be off to Peru! I sure will miss him,but until then I will be here in Provo soaking up any minute I can to be with him.

Friday night our SPAC team got to volunteer at an elementary school "Extravaganza"! We all worked at different booths - I bounced between the prize and dart throwing booths. It was really fun to see all the different personalities of the kids and cheer them on as they did different activities. But my favorite thing was watching the kids who's parents had come with them and would help them and cheer them on, no matter how good or bad they were at what they were doing. All the sudden I got really excited to be a mother someday. I cannot wait to be the parent there all the time, cheering them on. I'm also very grateful for the parents I have. All throughout my life, they've been there, picking me up when I fall and cheering me on to the finish line. I'm incredibly blessed to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment