Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shootin' up the holiday weekend












































Labor Day weekend we drove back to Vegas so I could get another shot at getting a Nevada license (which I finally passed...). It was nice to be back with family and get a break from school...even though we'd only been in classes for a week. On Labor Day, Uncle introduced me to my new family heirloom...a Ruger 22 rifle. It was beautiful. Multi-colored wood, pink tinting. The first gun I've ever held that was actually mine. He took us shooting out in the desert so we could get some good target practice. My gun shot so smoothly that I just couldn't get enough of it. I especially loved using the scope, which made targets so much easier to shoot. I especially loved watching how excited Eric got while shooting and having contest with his brothers. After shooting we headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, then headed back to Provo. Though the weekend was short, it was just what we needed. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family, who loves spending time together. When I was arranging things with my wedding photographer, I mentioned that I was marrying into the Gourley family. She told me how lucky I was and that she had never seen a closer-knit family. And now I can clearly see, she was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment