Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Quarter of a Century Old

This past April 2nd was Eric's 25th birthday! I got up at 5 am to make him a breakfast and decorate the living room before I left for class at 6. When we got home from classes, he had a wonderful surprise delivered from his parents!

I wanted to do something special for him, so I had planned to send him on a scavenger hunt where I'd taken 25 of his favorite activities and had him draw one out at a time and do it until they were all gone. One of those was to play with a puppy so I took him over to our friend Breil's to see his brand new puppy. It was so cute watching Eric's face light up as the puppy cuddled up to him and licked him all over. We both wish that we could have a puppy...one that never grows up!





Do you like his shirt I bought him? He always goes around singing this song, so I couldn't resist when I came across it!


After our scavenger hunt we sang Johnny Cash all the way to Ihop where we enjoyed a free birthday meal! After dinner we got home just in time for Scott and Amber to come! Scott had gotten Eric a pirate pinata (which they named "Eric the folk dancing pirate") and 25 balloons of his favorite colors! Speaking of which...now, 12 days later, the balloons are all still floating in our hallway and they scare me every time I start to go up stairs!

We had a count of 38 people show up for his birthday party! I'd made 5 pans of brownies (his birthday request) and everyone enjoyed a yummy brownie bar with toppings and lots of milk (courtesy of Jay). It was a little hectic trying to maneuver around our tiny apartment with so many people, but it was so much fun! After everyone left, Eric couldn't stop smiling. He said it was the best birthday he'd had yet. Thank you to all those who came and made him feel so important on his special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment